Victory Electric has more than 70 employees working in the Dodge City area. The office has a culture based upon integrity, honesty, loyalty, accountability, with benevolence to each other and our consumers. Our goals are to cultivate and educate our fellow employees and board of directors to better serve ourselves and our consumers with intellectual wisdom.
Careers in the electric cooperative industry are not limited to being a lineman. In addition to linemen, we have a wide array of opportunities within the co-op, including accounting, communications, engineering, IT, customer service and much more.
For more information on open positions within the cooperative, please contact Amy Grasser at 620-227-2139. Or download our application for employment. Upon completion of application, you may submit it in person, by fax (620-227-8948), by mail, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIS Mapping Technician
The Victory Electric Cooperative Assn., Inc., in Dodge City, Kan., is seeking a full-time GIS/Mapping Technician. We ask that applicants have the following qualifications; Bachelors Degree in geospatial systems, geography, or related field, familiar with ESRI ArcMap, NISC OMS and Microsoft Office software. Proficient in managing GIS data sources, including satellite imagery, shapefiles, media, etc. Excellent written and oral communication; one-on-one or in a group setting, communication with the public, must be able to work independently, as well as, part of a team, while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Create, maintain, and update GIS data elements used to model the electric distribution system, including switch positions, phasing and device settings.
- Create and maintain GIS base layer map elements, including the integration of photos, videos, diagrams and other media.
- Maintain the various OMS data modeling elements to assist the operations department with accurate and timely outage data during restoration projects.
- Convert staking sheets to GIS elements used for modeling and mapping, ensuring accurate spatial and attribute data.
- Collects data elements using field data collection devices utilizing GPS positioning and survey instruments.
- Collects attribute information about field elements using cameras, iPads, and other means.
- Produce maps, diagrams, drawings, and reports as needed using the GIS software.
- Maintain the GIS and OMS software environments, including software releases, patches, system performance and various technologies inherent to the position.
- Assists internal and external customers by answering questions, providing service and information, offering assistance and participating in a team environment.
- Provide technical support within the organization to users regarding operation of GIS databases, equipment, or applications.
- Develop procedures to collect and manage asset records.
- Ensures Plant Accounting has access to GIS records necessary to maintain asset records on a timely basis.
- Occasionally create staking sheets and work orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pre-employment drug screening and physical is required. Victory Electric is an equal opportunity action employer. Visit www.victoryelectric.net/content/careers for full job description and to fill out an application. Position opened until filled. Individuals should mail/fax/email their cover letter & résumé to: Victory Electric Cooperative • Attn: Amy Grasser • PO Box 1335 • Dodge City, KS 67801 • Fax: 620.227.8948 • Email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security