Victory Electric has more than 70 employees working in the Dodge City area. The office has a culture based upon integrity, honesty, loyalty, accountability, with benevolence to each other and our consumers. Our goals are to cultivate and educate our fellow employees and board of directors to better serve ourselves and our consumers with intellectual wisdom.
Careers in the electric cooperative industry are not limited to being a lineman. In addition to linemen, we have a wide array of opportunities within the co-op, including accounting, communications, engineering, IT, customer service and much more.
For more information on open positions within the cooperative, please contact Amy Grasser at 620-227-2139. Or download our application for employment. Upon completion of application, you may submit it in person, by fax (620-227-8948), by mail, or by email at email@example.com.
Victory Electric Seeking Vice President of Engineering
Reports to: CEO
- Achieve the maximum competence of job performance and department coordination.
- Coordinate programs; of management development, organization planning and personnel administration that will provide for personnel the opportunity for growth, maximum creativity's and a sense of accomplishment.
- Supervise and direct the affairs of the engineering department in accordance with policies, plans and objectives.
- Provide leadership and effective administration of a well-planned and smoothly operating department of adequately trained personnel.
- Directs the development of new concepts and technology for applications to sub transmission and distribution systems.
- Directs and assist in the development, approval process, and maintenance of engineering, design, construction, equipment and material specifications and standards.
- Design and engineer the Coop’s power distribution network.
- Maintain the cooperatives system electrical model, including mapping, line design and substation placement.
- Plans, manages and direct the cooperatives engineering department, including the hiring, supervision, evaluation, and discipline of department personnel, which includes: Engineering, Staking, Construction Coordinator, Key Accounts, Metering department and Substation department.
- Long and short-range planning, engineering design, construction, maintenance and inspections of transmission\distribution lines.
- Oversee design staking plans for the distribution of electrical power to new customers.
- Monitor and oversee power quality and address, evaluate, and resolve any complaints from members regarding power quality.
- Directs and participates in the preparation and approval of projects cost estimates and schedules for construction projects.
- Directs the scheduling, installation, testing, troubleshooting and repair of communications equipment, SCADA equipment, electrical equipment controls and protective relay devices.
- Directs engineering studies of the electric distribution facilities.
- Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, standards, contract requirements, and related specification.
- Manages the engineering design process and establish standards to deliver quality designs in a timely effective manner to meet the needs of the business
- Manages examination of electrical loading and load characteristics on sub. transmission lines, substations and metering points and implements improvements.
- Manages analysis of electrical requirements to serve large power loads on the distribution system, make recommendations, and cost estimates to serve these loads.
- Directs right of way procurements and maintenance, property easements and negotiation of joint user agreements.
- Approves PTO and weekly time sheets for designated employees.
- Provide outage assistance on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinates with accounting on forecasts, budget, and planning efforts.
- Direct the Operations department in the absence of the VP and Manager of Operations.
- Travel as necessary to support other responsibilities.
- Create annual budget and review departments needs for capital purchases; monitor depts. expenditures to ensure compliance with the budget
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar related field, plus at least 7 years total professional experience including at least 5 years related management experience.
- Professional Engineering License
- A thorough working knowledge of distribution in electrical engineering system engineering design, substations, constructions, and maintenance specifications and standards.
- Must be PC literate and able to use and maintain computer programs and spreadsheets used by the Cooperative.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communicate skills to successfully communicate with both professionals and non-professionals.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks according to input from multiple sources
- Working within a team to develop new process to collect data uniformly for future reporting purposes
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent problem solving skills
- Has strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security