Victory Electric has more than 70 employees working in the Dodge City area. The office has a culture based upon integrity, honesty, loyalty, accountability, with benevolence to each other and our members. Our goals are to cultivate and educate our fellow employees and board of trustees to better serve ourselves and our members with intellectual wisdom.
Careers in the electric cooperative industry are not limited to being a lineman. In addition to linemen, we have a wide array of opportunities within the co-op, including accounting, communications, engineering, IT, member services and much more.
A journeyman meterman is responsible for conducting installation of current and/or potential transformer meter installations, testing of meters and all related infrastructure, troubleshooting and maintaining the AMI network and all associated equipment, and communicating with members about any metering issues/complaints. Must use a positive approach to issues and other duties as assigned.
- Must follow all company standards and safety practices
- Works with revenue metering, including but not limited to:
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain all self-contained single and three-phase metering
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain all transformer rated single & three-phase metering
- Perform accuracy testing and load checks
- Utilize meter software to perform firmware updates & programming
- Must be able to complete all metering responsibilities efficiently and with minimal mistakes
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of AMI system
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of company load management system
- Assist in investigating meter diversion and tampering
- Works with various other cooperative departments for member complaints, system implementation, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Other duties as assigned, consistent with qualifications
- The cooperative reserves the right to change or reclassify any given position description based on the business needs
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor of metering and/or vice president of engineering
- Must exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge of cooperative practices, policies and organization
- Valid Kansas commercial driver’s license
- GED or high school diploma
- Complete company designated training
- Must be able to utilize a computer
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word, and meter programming software
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. Victory Electric is an equal opportunity employer. Position opened until filled. Individuals should mail/fax/email their cover letter, résumé and application to: Victory Electric Cooperative * Attn: Amy Grasser PO Box 1335 * Dodge City, KS 67801 * Fax: 620.371.7780 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Multimedia Communications Coordinator
Victory Electric is looking for a positive, outgoing and proactive team member seeking a career in the area of communications, digital media and video production. A successful candidate must have working knowledge of video production from conception through post-production and delivery, including storyboarding, shooting, editing, writing scripts and conducting interviews. Require copywriting, copyediting and multimedia production skills, and publish a wide array of video and still images, and the ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate digital communications programs and channels.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- A four-year degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, English or related major is preferred, but not required. Experience in related field may be substituted.
- One to three years’ experience in marketing and communications, specifically videography and video production software. Require copywriting, copyediting and multimedia production skills, the ability to shoot, edit and publish a wide array of video and still images, and the ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate digital communications programs and channels. Also, the ability to make recommendations to improve Victory Electric’s social and web platforms for continuous improvements to enhance the member experience, and the ability to communicate effectively with the communications department and leadership for the strategic development of multimedia content across platforms.
- Preferred experience in managing the design and structure of a responsive website, content development, website accessibility best practices, content management systems, HTML, and web and social analytics.
- Preferred experience and working knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling for both technical and creative writing and graphic design concepts, standards, techniques and best practices. Ability to gather, write, edit, lay out, and distribute digital content and written publications. Proficient in the use of various computer programs for publication production and graphic presentations, including Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to work with and consistently meet deadlines, budgets, and work on several projects simultaneously. Must have strong written/verbal communication skills, effective leadership skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively handle competing priorities and complete them in a timely manner, and the ability to work independently. Must be member service oriented with ability to work in a team environment and with a wide variety of people to foster cooperation in sharing information and materials.
To develop an effective digital communications strategy and produce projects and events that support the cooperative and its membership through a variety of presentations, videos, events, marketing materials, website content, written and digital communications. Work with the communications team and other key leadership to tell the cooperative story through compelling multimedia. Shoot, edit and publish a wide array of video and still images and work with the communications team to develop and implement strategies for sharing and disseminating produced multimedia on social media and other digital channels. Work in a team-oriented environment and provide collaboration and communication consistent with the vision, mission, and values of the cooperative to build member satisfaction and enhance engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Videography & Photography
- Coordinate with the vice president of communications on video production from conception through post-production and delivery, including storyboarding, shooting, editing, writing scripts and conducting interviews.
- Facilitate and manage videography and photography of key cooperative messages, events, training, marketing and member relation opportunities.
- Package and adapt content for the different digital and social media accounts.
- Provide videography and photography assistance to other departments as needed.
Deliver first-in-class digital communications solutions to position Victory Electric as a community leader and partner and promote our brand in a meaningful way.
- Assist in the formation and coordination of creative and compelling content for the cooperative’s website and social media channels with an emphasis on member service, promoting cooperative products, events, services, and resources to ensure a positive member experience. To include weekly/monthly social media messaging plans, creating content, and facilitating digital messaging for outage communications.
- Analyze and prepare reports on member engagement and analytics. Coordinate research to evaluate use of digital communications channels, and make recommendations for improvement. Research and evaluate new digital media, and make recommendations for new communications outlets/mechanisms.
- Assist in the management of all electronic and digital platforms, including intranet, websites, social media, electronic messaging signs, etc.
- Design, develop and maintain a library of high-quality visual creative materials and content that have a consistent look and feel design for solid cooperative branding.
- Effectively manage electronic assets, including logos, photos, print ads, video ads, web assets, and other marketing collateral, and maintain and coordinate a digital image archive, to include developing and maintaining cooperative historical archives, including photography, videography, artifacts, etc. Preserve cooperative history and make items searchable for specific purposes.
- Prepare and administer a budget to support video and digital production activities.
- Willing to learn and develop skills in website and print production, including the design of brochures, email graphics, handouts/fliers, newsletters, reports, presentations, exhibits, banners, advertising, photography, and websites for both internal and external communications.
- Serve as a liaison with the communities served by the cooperative and represent the cooperative in the communities throughout the service area by participating in civic and related organizations to improve the cooperative’s image in the community and utility industry.
- Assist in promotional appearances and appropriate staffing at area meetings, fairs, tradeshows, and cooperative meetings and events.
- Develop, organize, research and prepare educational programs and presentations and speak to groups alone or with other employees.
- Be familiar with and at all times follow the best safety practices set forth in the cooperative's safety manual.
- Attend and participate in the cooperative’s annual meeting as required or directed.
- Perform such other duties as may be required or directed.
Victory Electric is an equal opportunity employer with competitive wages and excellent benefits. Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. Position opened until filled. Individuals should deliver/email/mail a cover letter, résumé, application and a portfolio of work to: Victory Electric Cooperative ● Attn: Amy Grasser ● PO Box 1335 ● Dodge City, KS 67801 ● Fax: 620.371.7780 ● email@example.com.
For more information on open positions within the cooperative, please contact Amy Grasser or download our application for employment. Upon completion of application, you may submit it in person, by fax (620-371-7780), by mail, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.