75TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION - FROM REA FACTS, VOL. 5, NO. 8 AUGUST 1952
The members of district 66, known as the “Schoen” school in Hodgeman County are enjoying their modern all electric school. The building was erected two years ago to replace the old building, which was destroyed by fi re. It is used not only for school, but also for 4-H activities, elections and other community gatherings. This building has a large classroom, cloak room, toilets, a large basement with kitchen, dining room, and furnace room. There are two exits to basement and upstairs. Rural electric power makes it possible to have a water system with an electric pump, water heater, thus affording hot and cold water. There is an electrically controlled furnace.
Indirect lighting furnished by concentric ring louvers and plenty of windows add much to the attractiveness of the study hall and furnish the needed 30 to 40 foot candles of light upon all desks. An electric clock and a piano add much to the school’s furnishings. The students enjoy using the electric range and take turns carrying out the duties of preparing hot lunches. Commodities are furnished and supplemented by a hot dish from the children. Two yard lights make it safe to carry on playground activities at night. The present school board members are: Maurice E. Webb, director, George Harms, treasurer and Sam Boger, clerk.