This spring, Victory Electric will award 10 $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors and current postsecondary or college students. The Lightner Community Spirit Scholarship program is designed to recognize students who have demonstrated academic success and have showed a commitment to bettering their community.
Scholarship Requirements and Applicant Eligibility
All applicants for the scholarship shall be considered on the application criteria without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin or existence of a physical handicap.
- Scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors and current college students.
- Applicants must be a current student at or be entering an accredited college, university or trade school.
- Scholarships are for one year. An applicant may apply as often as desired but is only eligible to receive a Victory Electric scholarship once.
- Must be an active Victory Electric member in good standing for at least 12 consecutive months or a dependent of such member.
- Must have and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
How to Apply
The Lightner Community Spirit Scholarship program now has an online application process. To apply, applicants should visit victoryelectric.net/lightner-community-spirit-scholarship, which contains the award information, applicant eligibility, scholarship requirements, an application guide, and a link to begin the 10-step online application. Applicants should carefully review the application requirements and gather all necessary materials before beginning the application process.
Required Items Include:
- Applicant and parent contact information
- Victory Electric membership information
- Copy of official transcript mailed to Victory Electric in a sealed envelope with the envelope flap signed by a school official, or a digital transcript emailed from a school official.
- Biographical statement
- A 450-600 word essay
- A digital, high-resolution headshot photo of the applicant with the provided photographer’s photo release form completed
The deadline to submit the scholarship application is no later than 5 P.M. ON FRIDAY, FEB. 19, 2021. Since 2016, Victory Electric has awarded $1,000 scholarships to 50 deserving students. The name of the scholarship honors the Lightner family of Plymell, Kansas. Richard Lightner served on Victory Electric’s board of trustees for 36 years, and his father, George, served 31 years previous. Both were strong proponents of Victory Electric’s community and youth programs.
For questions or more information on the scholarship application process visit the scholarship webpage, or contact Communications Coordinator Allison Doll at 620-371-7738 or email@example.com.