Victory Electric Cooperative is seeking a talented team player, who is ambitious, self-motivated, enthusiastic and has experience in writing and content creation, to join our communications team. This position is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of all communications, marketing, and public relations initiatives of the Cooperative. The communications coordinator position reports directly to the vice president of communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, related field or equivalent experience required.
- Written communications such as newsletters, brochures, letters, and reports.
- Proficiency in the utilization of software tools to enhance productivity, including Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge website building tools.
- Working knowledge of social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Written/oral communication skills for dealing with board of directors, management, Cooperative employees, vendors, contractors, Cooperative members, and the general public.
- Ability to make logical decisions under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Valid Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Assist in the development and execution of communication and marketing strategies that ensure consistent, high-impact activities and messaging to improve our ability to communicate the Cooperative’s mission.
- Produce, maintain and manage all communications to our members, including but not limited to Company website, correspondence, outages and any social media.
- Educate the public on matters affecting the electric utility, e.g. regulations, policies, etc.
- Manages Cooperative youth programs, e.g. safety programs in the schools, Youth Tour.
- Responsible for event planning, such as annual meeting, Pumpkin Festival, Parade of Lights and Chili Cook-off and any other Cooperative sponsored events.
- Participate in community interest organizations.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities to include online advocacy, writing editorial content, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Maintain positive social media contact through follow-up communications.
- Execute delivery of mail, email and telephone campaigns including marketing, information, education, event announcement, etc.
- Ensure all creative materials undergo brand review and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Stay current with media and marketing trends and proactively search for communication opportunities.
- Research and analyze a variety of marketing information, including market trends, pricing schedules, competitor offerings, Google Analytics, product specifications, and demographic data and act as a go-to resource for up-to-date, accurate research and marketing information.
- Assist in developing marketing and education strategies.
- Prepare statistical and other information for the monthly board report.
- Works safely and looks out for co-workers and the general public.
- Exhibits keen disposition for providing great customer service.
- Represents Victory Electric well in appearance, conduct, knowledge, and professionalism.
- Is familiar with and abides by Cooperative policies, guidelines, and code of ethics.
- Is a team player contributing to support the mission of Victory Electric
- Is good steward of the Cooperative’s resources.
- Punctual and attentive to established work periods and allowed rest-times.
- Maintains and or acquires the skills necessary to perform job functions.
- Seeks more efficient and effective ways to carry out his/her responsibilities.
- Available when needed for both regular duties and during system emergencies.
- Successfully performs duties in a quantity, quality, and timeliness to be effective.
- Expects change both internal and external and adapts positively.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and for accomplishing, needed tasks.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and management as required.
We have a competitive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance. A defined benefit pension plan with an age 62 retirement that has a lump-sum pay out. We also have a defined contribution 401k plan. Other benefits include, life insurance, short and long-term disability, business travel insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid sick leave. Some other benefits available are Aflac, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan, and MetLife.
Victory Electric is an equal opportunity employer with competitive wages and excellent benefits. Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. Position opened until filled. Individuals should email/mail a cover letter, résumé, and an application to: Victory Electric Cooperative ● Attn: HR ● P.O. Box 1335 ● Dodge City, KS 67801 ● Fax: 620.371.7780 ● email@example.com.