The Victory Electric Cooperative Assn., Inc. in Dodge City, Kan., is seeking a full-time substation technician to assist in the operation, maintenance and installation of substation apparatus.
- High / Medium / Low voltage testing of electrical power equipment.
- Consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams and engineering personnel in order to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems and determine optimum equipment functioning.
- Prepare and maintain reports detailing all tests, repairs, and maintenance performed.
- Troubleshoot, repair, replace and clean equipment and components in a substation.
- Proficient in all aspects of substation systems.
- Knowledgeable with construction techniques, codes, quality requirements and reading switching maps.
- Proficient with a computer
- Able to pass a pre-employment and random drug screenings.
- Complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Able to work overtime and travel out of town for periods of time.
- Must have a valid CDL and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Capable of working in confined spaces/areas.
- Able to work independently or with others.
- Capable of learning to operate various types of heavy equipment.
- Willing to work overtime or long hours during emergency conditions and/or when requested. Schedules can frequently change and with short notice.
- Capable of following company safety rules and policies
- Must be a Team player, and manage work time.
- Must prioritize work projects.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with others and to understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to work outside regular scheduled hours, and be available for emergency and/or pre-arranged work.
- Ability to perform duties involving prolonged standing, sitting, crouching and/or stooping.
- Ability to push, pull and position tools, equipment and structural material weighing in excess of 80 pounds.
- Ability to lift loads weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to work from various heights.
- Ability to work on smooth or uneven surfaces and under varying climatic conditions.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment and vehicles
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management as required.
We have a competitive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance. A defined benefit pension plan with an age 62 retirement that has a lump-sum pay out. We also have a defined contribution 401k plan. Other benefits include, life insurance, short and long-term disability, business travel insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid sick leave. Some other benefits available are Aflac, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan, and MetLife.
Pre-employment drug screening and physical, criminal background check, and motor vehicle check is required. Victory Electric is an equal opportunity action employer. Visit www.victoryelectric.net/content/careers. Position opened until filled. Individuals should mail/fax/email their cover letter & résumé to: Victory Electric Cooperative • Attn: HR PO Box 1335 • Dodge City, KS 67801 • Fax: 620.227.8948 • Email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.