All members (except those on PowerMyWay) receive a standard monthly bill each month for electrical use. Bills are due and payable upon receipt. We realize one method of payment does not fit every Victory Electric member’s need. Therefore, Victory Electric offers several payment options for your convenience.
Victory Electric’s monthly bill comes complete with a return envelope you can insert your check and mail back to us at P.O. Box 1335 or P.O. Box 1398, Dodge City, KS 67801.
**Please note: ALL mail goes to Wichita to be sorted (including Dodge City mail), so please allow for additional time if using USPS. Payment must be received and posted in our office on or prior to due date. We DO NOT use the mailing post date for the payment date.
You may pay by check, cash, or credit/debit card at our office at 3230 N. 14th Avenue in Dodge City. Our lobby is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, except for select holidays (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and two days at both Thanksgiving and Christmas).
We have two conveniently located drop boxes. The first drop box is at Victory Electric's headquarters on the south side of the building to the west of the front door. Payments dropped off after 7:30 a.m., Monday through Friday will be posted the next business day. Please pay inside to avoid broken payment arrangements or disconnection. The second drop box is located in downtown Dodge City by the City of Dodge City building at 806 N. 2nd Avenue. Payments dropped off after 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday will be posted the next business day. Please pay at 3230 N. 14th to avoid broken payment arrangements or disconnection. Pictured left is the drop box at Victory Electric headquarters and to the right is the drop box at the City of Dodge City.
***Victory Electric is not liable for lost or stolen payments. While we have video surveillance to keep payments safe, Victory Electric suggests either delivering payments to the lobby drop box during regular business hours or pay online through SmartHub (set up online payments in four easy steps).
Call 866-999-8494 to make a payment by phone with a credit/debit card or check. We recommend using your account number when calling to ensure accuracy. Also, be prepared to create a four-digit PIN number. For security reasons and to comply with federal Red Flag Rules, Victory Electric employees cannot take your credit/debit card or check information over the phone via our local phone number; you must call 866-999-8494 to pay by phone. This service is available 24-hours a day, weekdays, weekends and holidays. This is a FREE service with NO fees.
SmartHub is Victory Electric’s online payment portal, and it also gives Victory Electric members the ability to analyze electric use data where, set up alerts, view your electric bills, report outages, and manage your account right from your computer or mobile device. To access SmartHub, click the online bill pay button at the top of this website or navigate directly to victoryelectric.smarthub.coop. This online bill pay service is available 24-hours a day, weekdays, weekends and holidays. Members can also download the SmartHub mobile app from the Apple or Android marketplace on any mobile device. Simply search for the “SmartHub” app by National Information Solutions Cooperative. This is a FREE service with NO fees. For instructions on how to create a SmartHub account, please review these instructions or watch a video tutorial.
Quick Bill Pay
SmartHub’s Quick Bill Pay allows members to make a one-time payment without setting up a SmartHub account. For additional access and management of your account, including making a payment, viewing past bills, setting up automatic payments or recurring payments, please see the instructions on creating a SmartHub account. To make a one-time payment using Quick Bill Pay:
- Click the link at the top of the webpage or navigate directly to https://victoryelectric.smarthub.coop/PayNow.html
- Enter your account number and last name or business and click “Submit.”
- Enter the amount of your payment in the “Make a Payment” form field and click the “Pay Now” button.
- Verify the payment amount is correct and click “Continue” or “Edit Amount” to manually enter your new payment amount.
- Select a payment method and click “Continue.”
- You will receive a confirmation message if the payment is accepted, or a payment denied message if the payment was not accepted.
PowerMyWay is a self-managed pay-as-you-go billing plan with no deposits, no late fees, and no disconnect or reconnect charges. Simply start by paying $50 dollars toward future electricity, then you can pay as much or as little as you want on an as-needed basis. So you can pick your bill due date! Every day your balance will adjust based on how much electricity you used the previous day and when you have less than $25 left in your account, you will receive a text message, email or phone call reminding you your balance is low and you need to think about making a payment. Since you no longer receive a paper bill, your account information is available 24/7 on our online bill payment site or mobile app, and it is three easy clicks to access your balance information or make a payment. Visit our PowerMyWay page for more information.
Do you have multiple Victory Electric accounts and are you tired of opening individual envelopes for all those accounts every single month? We have a great option for you. You can sign up for group invoice billing and receive one combined, single page statement for ease in submitting your payment or ease of viewing or comparing multiple electric accounts. With group invoice billing, just because you receive one envelope and one statement, does not mean you lose access to each meter/account’s detailed information. All of the individual electric statements will still be included in the monthly billing, but a summary statement will also accompany the individual statements. The summary statement will list each electric account number, the corresponding amount due for each account, and a combined total of the individual bills at the bottom on the payment slip. To remit payment on all of the included accounts, simply include the account summary payment slip with your payment. If you think group invoice billing is an option for you, call or sign up at our office.
- Group invoice billing and AutoPay: When setting up an invoice group on AutoPay, each individual account within the group invoice must be set up on AutoPay. The invoice group system is not capable of deciding which individual accounts within the group are or are not set up on AutoPay. Any bill amounts/payments from accounts not individually set up for AutoPay will be excluded from the bank draft or credit/debit card deduction process. It is the member’s responsibility to check his/her SmartHub account or call our office to confirm all accounts in the invoice group set up on AutoPay.
- Credit Balances: If a credit balance exists on any account or on the summary, our invoice group system does not recognize imbalances and automatically move the credit from one account with a credit to pay on another account with an outstanding balance. Neither do Victory Electric’s member service representatives automatically move the credit balance to another account within the invoice group. If the credit is not moved, it could cause an account to be penalized and/or disconnected for shortage of funds. The account with a credit would not get a penalty, but the account with an unpaid balance/shortage would receive a penalty/fee. If a member requests the credit(s) be moved to an account with an outstanding balance, then no account penalties would be assessed. To request credits be moved to a different account within the invoice group, the member must call our office or include a note with the changes listed on the remit slip submitted with the payment.
Paying your bill doesn’t have to be hard or take a lot of your time. With AutoPay, your electric bill payment is automatically withdrawn from a credit/debit card or bank account each month. Sign-up is available through SmartHub, our online bill pay system, or at our office on North 14th Avenue in Dodge City. AutoPay payments are automatically withdrawn on the due date of the bill, and no action is required from you. It can take up to 30 days to initiate the automatic withdraws on your account/card. Check your electric bill to ensure it reflects “bank draft” status. You will continue to receive a monthly bill, unless you opt to go paperless and receive your statement by email. This is a FREE service with NO fees. Visit our AutoPay page for more detailed information.
- Direct pay from your bank account – your monthly electric bill is automatically transferred to Victory Electric directly from your bank account on the bill’s due date. This is automatic each month and requires no action from the member.
- Direct pay from your credit or debit card - your monthly electric bill is automatically paid from your debit or credit card on the bill’s due date. This is automatic each month and requires no action from the member.
For members who prefer to pay the same amount each month despite the temperature, electric use amount, or time of year, Victory Electric has a budget billing (also referred to as even-pay) option available. Payments are set at the amount of 12-months average electric use, making it easy to budget. An accurate history of your electric use at your current residence is helpful in determining your true monthly average. Keep in mind, while you ARE paying the same amount each month for convenience, we keep track of your actual electric use. We do not want members paying way to much or not enough each month, so budget billing payment amounts are recalculated either annually or biannually using your 12-month average bill amount, in addition to your previous balance, whether it is a +/- . For example, “Member B” used more power than historically proven based on historic 12-month average, and he hasn’t been paying enough each month. With a budget billing recalculation, we add up his 12 months of most recent bills, let’s say it’s $1,500 plus we add in the +/- balance of $300 (or whatever the +/- number might be), divided by 12 months, and “Member Bs” new budget billing amount owed each month will be $150.
To be eligible for budget billing, a member must reside at the address and have no late payments for a full year. Budget billing is only available to residential members. You will still receive a monthly bill indicating the monthly payment amount and you can use any of the above payment methods. If you are interested, please call or stop by Victory Electric’s office to see if you qualify. Members on PowerMyWay are not eligible for budget billing since members' accounts are charge daily not monthly.
Save a tree, go paperless!
Help Victory Electric do our part to save the environment by signing up for paperless billing. Plus signing up is quick and easy!
Did you know for every 1,000 members who choose paperless, more than 24,000 envelopes, 36,000 sheets of paper, and $5,000 in postage is saved each year? Paperless benefits BOTH you and your cooperative.
Benefits of going paperless
- View or print your electric bill anytime with 24/7 access to your secure online account information.
- Receive an automated e-mail notification when your monthly electric bill is ready.
- Easily review your electric use, payment and billing history.
- No fees – you can pay your electric bill online for free.
- Eliminate mailbox clutter!
Is paperless billing right for you?
- Are you worried about personal security (i.e. no paper invoices in the mailbox)?
- Not getting payments in on time and paying late fees?
- Do you forget to pay your bill altogether and have to pay reconnect fees?
- No time to sit down and write checks for bill payments?
- Don't want to waste travel time to drop off your payment at Victory Electric or the post office?
- Frequently losing your paper bill and frantically searching for it to make payment?
- Always rushing to ensure payment is made at the last minute?
- Are you someone who frequently travels and is out of town on a semi or regular basis?
Paperless billing is a great tool to help you avoid all these potential bothers!!!!!
Sign up today!
It only takes a few minutes to sign up for paperless via SmartHub. SmartHub is user-friendly and it lets you manage all aspects of your Victory Electric account wherever, whenever is convenient for you.
- Log into your online SmartHub account and click on "My Profile" on top menu
- Choose "Update My Paperless Settings"
- Click the button to turn on paperless billing
- Choose yes to confirm. It’s that easy!
- On the mobile app, choose "settings", "paperless bill settings," and move the toggle switch to on, and click "yes" to confirm.
- Download full step-by-step instructions
For any questions about paperless billing, please call us at 620.227.2139.
*We do not accept starter/counter checks for bill payment.